Tuesday, December 13, 2011

GINGER RECIPES

I love the Holidays and all the wonderful spices and flavors that are associated with it!  One of my favorite holiday flavors is: Ginger!  Ginger is so warm and spicy and has a wonderful aroma.  I love Gingerbread men cookies..... warm, hot from the oven: Gingerbread, but 2 of my favorite ginger recipes are in liquid form and am happy to share them with you:

GINGER PUNCH:

-1 12 oz bottle of hard cider
-1 12 oz bottle of favorite beer (I love Blue Moon's Spiced Amber Ale)
-24 oz of sugar free sparkling flavored water ( I used apple cider flavor)
-1/2 cup of splenda
-rind of 1 orange studded with about 6 cloves
-3 cinnamon sticks
-1 tsp ginger

-pour all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours......serve warm or chill and serve cold.....delicious either way!

GINGER LATTE:

- 1 cup of brewed coffee
-1/4 tsp ginger
-1 tbsp splenda
-1 tbsp gingerbread flavored coffee creamer or sugar free/fat free vanilla coffee creamer
-1/2 oz sugar free gingerbread syrup (optional)

GINGER PUNCH
-Pour coffee in mug and add rest of ingredients and stir.....enjoy....yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment