Friday, December 2, 2011

GUILT FREE EGG NOG

You either LOVE egg nog or you HATE it!  I happen to LOVE IT!!  What I don't love though, is all the fat and calories that come in just a small glass.  How can I enjoy my favorite holiday drink without having to adjust my waistband?  Make a low calorie "version"....yeah!  Here is a recipe that I have used for a couple seasons now that I am thrilled with:

You will need:
-2 cups of nonfat milk (or soy milk or almond breeze with no more than 60 calories per cup)
-1/4 cup sugar free/nonfat coffee creamer, liquid or powder (I prefer liquid)...try regular, vanilla, or cinnamon vanilla is good too!
-2tbsp splenda
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice or 1/4 tsp of each
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp rum extract
-1/2 cup nonfat coolwhip
-1/4 of a small package of sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size box)

Mix all ingredients together in blender and refrigerate for at least 2 hours......Cheers!

Top with a squirt of fat free reddi-whip and a sprinkling of nutmeg to complete!
I make batches of this stuff from Thanksgiving all through New Years....it's the perfect low cal holiday beverage for all ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment