Wednesday, January 18, 2012

BOTTOM OF THE BAG RECIPE

Do you ever find yourself throwing out that little bit of food that's at the bottom of the bag that probably no one is going to finish to clean out your pantry?  I have been guilty of that in the past...but...no more!  You can always repurpose those "bottom of the bag" or "end of the jar" tidbits together into another complete dish! 
Here is something I came up with raiding my pantry this morning:

PUMPKIN/GINGER MARSHMALLOW TREATS

I used 1 tbsp of "pumpkin" flavored butter I had leftover from the holidays
the end of a bag of marshmallow cereal (similar to lucky charms) (about 2 cups)
the rest of a tub of gingerbread flavored marshmallows leftover from the holidays

I melted butter and marshmallows in nonstick pot over low heat, once melted, added cereal and spread out on butter sprayed cookie sheet and allowed to cool

I, then, cut into little pieces for a treat similar to rice krispy treats with a warm/sweet kick and the best part is, I didn't waste any food by throwing anything out and it only took a matter of minutes!
Raid your pantry today and see what you come up with.....I'm curious to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment