Friday, January 27, 2012

FIGURE FRIENDLY PESTO RECIPE

My favorite type of pasta sauce is Pesto sauce, I just love it's nutty, creamy flavor.  What I don't like is all the fat and calories that come along with it! 
So....I decided to come up with a lighter recipe that I don't feel guilty about using but still tastes good.  This is what I came up with:

SUNDRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE:

1 package (around 8 oz) of sundried tomatoes

1 bunch of basil leaves

¼ cup of crushed croutons

¼ cup of broth

¼ cup of nonfat ricotta cheese

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth

You can add more broth or sour cream to either make thinner or thicker
TOSS WITH COOKED PASTA......USE AS A SPREAD FOR GARLIC BREAD.....OR MY FAVORITE: AS A SAUCE FOR YOUR PIZZA....

Try it, you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment