Tuesday, January 3, 2012

SLOW COOKER LEAN BBQ BEEF SANDWICHES

ok, now that the Holidays are over and we have had our share (and then some) of yummy, caloric food, it's time to get back on track!  The nights are still cold and we crave a warm, yummy, hot meal that will satisfy our taste buds.  Here is one of my favorite low cal/fat recipes that uses my all time favorite kitchen gadget....the SLOW COOKER!  This is the best gadget ever invented.....you just drop and forget it until dinnertime and the food always comes out juicy and tender!  This is so simple...try it out  tonight for dinner:
All you  have to do is place lean beef such as skirt or flank steak into slow cooker and mix with barbeque sauce and a splash of red wine, if desired, (I so desire...)cook on low for 5-8 hours.....take beef out of slow cooker and shred with fork.....place back in slow cooker and mix with sauce.....place in sandwich buns and maybe some pickle slices and enjoy!   So delicious and tender!

In my next post, I will have more of my favorite slow cooker recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment