Sunday, April 1, 2012

DAY 40 CHALLENGE

I made it to 40 days...yeah.....but the challenge is actually 47 days.....Lent is 40 days and then Holy Week which is another 7 days.....didn't really realize this but that's ok....what's one more week now!

My willpower was heavily tested this weekend:

Saturday, we celebrated my husband's birthday and his mom and sister got him a cake from Safeway topped with a THICK layering of buttercream frosting (my FAVORITE). 
Sunday, we went to John's Incredible Pizza for dinner and I was tempted with the BEST mini sugar donuts and mini iced cinnamon rolls I have tasted.  I am proud to say that I passed up on ALL of these temptations and stayed "true" to my challenge  :)   Yeah me  ;)   The devil cannot break me!

MY DINNER PLATE AT JOHN'S INCREDIBLE PIZZA

"NOT" MY DESSERT PLATE BUT WAS WISHING IT WAS!
1 more week to go and I am really feeling the challenge now.....Saturday cooking for Easter will be hard but I will reap the rewards and benefits on Easter Sunday......probably with a big bowl of Jumbo Jelly Beans and a tub of buttercream frosting....haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment