Friday, March 30, 2012

DAY 38 CHALLENGE

1 more week to go!

This has definitely been the hardest sacrifice I have made for Lent but it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.  It definitely made me realize what I put in my body and what I SHOULDN'T put in my body anymore!

I definitely will no longer buy soda as a staple in our house (not even diet)
definitely going to eat healthier breakfasts and lay off the poptarts ;)
going to stop buying candy to refill the candy dishes when they are empty and only buy for special occasions

I like the way I feel and want to continue to feel good about what I put into my body.  Definitely did not see this as becoming a sort of "way of life" for me but things happen for a reason and opportunities present themselves in different ways when we least expect them.

I made more whole wheat/rice flour muffins in carrot/nut, dark chocolate cranberry, and honey mixed berry....sooo good, and once again, kids loved them too! If you make certain changes and swap out unhealthy ingredients for healthy ingredients, your family may never know and you will all be happier for it!

Tostadas were on the menu tonight with homemade corn tortillas very lightly fried with shredded cheese, curtido, and fresh sauteed green beans and OF COURSE, my favorite (and my family's too now) whole grain tortilla chips.
WHOLE GRAIN MUFFINS

VEGETARIAN TOSTADA DINNER
Another successful week in the books or should I say blog.....

No comments:

Post a Comment