Thursday, March 22, 2012

DAY 30 CHALLENGE

OK.....Plantain chips...check, Granola.....check.....Whole grain crumpets......check....ok, I'm good, was getting a little nervous there ;)

I picked up some "all natural" granola "cereal" from Sunflower Market today....only 5 ingredients, or maybe less, cinnamon raisin flavor, low in fat and HIGH in flavor....it's so good, I think it might be better than mine and on sale in the bins for 1.99 per lb.....check!  I know what's for breakfast tomorrow :)

I am starting to really be a fan of whole grain crumpets from Trader Joes too spread with all natural peanut butter and all natural fig jam.....yum!  If you like regular crumpets, you will LOVE these.....has a nutty flavor to it!

You know, I have to say that white flour really is lacking in flavor to all the other flours out there....whole wheat flour, brown rice flour, corn flour, chickpea flour.....All these flours have so much more flavor and are so much better for you, why didn't I realize this before......because I never challenged myself before....I'm so glad I did.....I will NOT go back!....very affordable too!

For dinner, the whole family had fried brown rice lettuce cups using butter lettuce.  I love this lettuce because the leaves are perfect "cups" and they are the "skinniest" lettuce in the markets at 7 calories per cup....so delicious....I added chinese five spice, ginger, and low sodium all natural soy sauce, and of course eggs to the cooked brown rice.....which I cooked in the rice cooker with water, homemade chicken stock, and a splash of sesame oil......YOU GOTTA TRY IT!

crumpets, mango, coffee, and paper....great start to the morning!

BROWN RICE LETTUCE CUPS
Another weekend coming up....let's see how I do.....bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment