Thursday, March 8, 2012

DAY 16 CHALLENGE

I am on day 16 and it feels like I have been doing this forever....in a good way though!

I am feeling so accomplished and proud for making my own food.  The best thing about making your own food is that you control the quality of ingredients and how much of "anything", whether it be fat, sodium, sugar, etc..., you put into your product.  You KNOW EXACTLY what's in there and should feel much better about eating it and giving it your family...I know I do!

As I write this, I am making my own chicken stock with leftover "all natural/free range" chicken bones from tonights dinner.  The chicken was very affordable too....I got a tray of 8 chicken legs for $2.35 at Nugget Markets along with a tray of 8 chicken thighs for also $2.35!

I still struggle at certain places when going out to eat (which I actually rarely do).  The oatmeal at McDonalds is actually pretty good but I felt cheated with the fruit and walnut salad today.  Not the same as a cheeseburger and fries....I just need to stay away from that place anyway!

HOMEMADE CHICKEN STOCK IN THE MAKING
I am really missing my jelly beans right now.....soooo many to choose from right now, but my willpower is winning....until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment