Thursday, March 1, 2012

DAY 9 CHALLENGE

I am running out of the food that I have come to really enjoy....time to head out to Sunflower or probably Whole Foods tomorrow for their Friday Sale

I really love the Jumbo mixed raisins.....such a great snack and a wonderful addition to my homemade granola

Ran out of muffins this morning so I whipped up a different batch this time: whole grain Irish Soda muffins in honor of upcoming St. Patrick's Day using the Jumbo raisins, whole wheat and brown rice flour, nonfat buttermilk and a splash of coconut milk....can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!

Loving the homemade guacamole....almost out, family loves it too along with the whole grain tortilla chips....never will by packaged stuff again!

My entire family is eating  A LOT more fresh fruits and vegetables since it's readily available in our house and I really think we could get used to living without soda....even me!

I have also come to really enjoy the coconut milk in my coffee.....the 1st week I really missed my flavored coffeemate creamer but now really looking forward to the nutty taste in my coffee every morning....is it bedtime yet?

I am missing my Easter jelly beans and cadbury mini eggs that I enjoy this time of year but I can tolerate it....will just stock up on the clearance sales after Easter ;)
Perfect served warm with just  a little "real butter"
Until tomorrow.....

2 comments:

  1. Maria,

    You'll have to post some of your Recipes!! I will definately try some of them.

    Great Blog,
    Auntie Becky

    ReplyDelete