Sunday, March 4, 2012

DAY 11/12 CHALLENGE

Another successful weekend accomplished!

I found a new product that I LOVE....whole grain crumpets at Trader Joes.  If you like regular crumpets...you will like these.  They are non fat and have only 90 calories per crumpet....I have 2 for breakfast and spread a little "real" butter or all natural peanut butter on it after toasting....so delicious!  Pretty affordable too at only 1.99 per bag (8 in a bag)

I have found a great place to have lunch at too....Whole Foods Market....it's not just for groceries.  They have an abundant salad bar with so many "whole food" options and prepackaged items also that are more affordable than the salad bar.  The corn salsa salad and whole grain salad with veggies and dressed with a little olive oil and vinegar is so yummy with a whole grain roll.  I decided to wash it down with some coconut water (never had before) and decided it was too sweet for my taste but mixed it with sparkling mineral water and was just fine.

Going to dinner was a little rougher this weekend.  We went to Round Table and I ordered the salad bar.....I dressed my salad with olive oil and vinegar and added bell peppers and fruit on the side but the smell of pepperoni and cheese was almost too much to resist but resist I did and am very proud of myself!

LEO'S TAKING LEFTOVER TAMALE FOR LUNCH TOMORROW
For dinner tonight, I made homemade corn tamales using only corn, corn meal, butter, and a little brown rice flour........Leo and I loved them and definitely am going to continue making them this way....our kids have never been a fan of tamales and still aren't....that's ok though, 2 out of 5 aint bad....all in all, a very succesful weekend.....the weight I lost has returned, I think it was from the detoxing my body was doing, now I'm all detoxed and back to normal......until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Maria, sounds like you have adapted to this new way of eating very well. it will do your body good to be rid of all those preservatives throughout the years. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete