Friday, October 28, 2011

FAMILY FUN NIGHT

kids treats alongside mommy's treat :)

If you are looking for something fun and cheap to do with the kids this weekend, look no more.  Maybe you want to enjoy the fact that it's Halloween time and indulge in some scary good fun with the kids.  Well, how about a movie night "in" with the whole family!  Cuddle up, pop in a scary or cute Halloween themed movie...my favorites are of course, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", or "Monster House", and pop some popcorn for a family treat.  Don't leave it at just plain 'ol "popcorn" though, add a few surprises for a nice twist that the kids will LOVE!  Here is what I do:  I pop some popcorn, I get out individual bags or containers for popcorn and fill the bottoms with some popcorn....to the middle, I add their favorite treats......jelly beans, skittles, m&ms, goldfish crackers, mini marshmallows, etc....add more popcorn, add more treats, and top off with popcorn, I may even stick in a straw shaped cookie or something like that to top it off!  You will be a big hit and your kids won't expect it.  It has become a tradition in my house and my kids love to dig in and can't wait to find out what's hidden inside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment