Monday, October 17, 2011

TRANFORMATION RECIPE

It's Fall, my absolute favorite season of the year!  Time to bring out the crockpot (although, I do use it all year round, but slow cooked food sometimes tastes better in the fall) and get ready for some yummy slow cooked food!  One of my all time favorite meals to eat is pulled pork sandwiches but I hate all the fat.  I have a yummy and EASY recipe using lean pork that will taste just as yummy as full fat pork because it has been slow cooked all day.  Here you go, if you like this recipe, let me know what your favorite comfort food is and I will give you a recipe for a leaner version that still tasted delicious!

BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
Ingredients:
-lean pork loin or lean pork ribs with fat cut off (if fat still on when buying, take it home and slice it off) as much as you would need for your family, generally 1-2 lbs
-1 bottle of favorite BBQ sauce (I like honey or smoked)
-either 2 cinnamon sticks or 2 tsps ground cinnamon
-1 can of diet cola
-sliced raw red onion(omit if don't like onion)
-sliced tomatoes
-lettuce leaves
-sandwich thins with 100 calories or less such as oroweat or any brand (I do like to use small hawaiin roles at about 150 calories each, brings a sweetness to the dish that I love but note it will give you 50 extra calories)
-8-10 whole cloves studded into pork or 1 tsp of ground cloves
Directions:
-place pork loin or ribs with fat removed and studded with cloves if using into crockpot
-pour entire bottle of BBQ sauce and entire can of diet cola over pork
place cinnamon sticks or cinnamon and cloves over pork and mix all ingredients together
-cook on low for 4-6 hours
-if pork studded with cloves, remove, and while still in crockpot, take 2 forks and shred pork, mix thoroughly again and place shredded pork in buns and top with onion, tomatoes, and lettuce if desired
Serve with corn on the cob or any type of salad

No comments:

Post a Comment